HONOR has recently launched its newest folding smartphone. The HONOR Magic V. The HONOR Magic V is claimed to be the thinnest folding smartphone. And the main focus of this magic v is to provide the perfect combination of an ordinary smartphone when folded and a large screen when opened.
Table of Contents
HONOR Magic V Screen
For the screen, the HONOR Magic V Smartphone has a 21:9 ratio with very thin bezels. The screen features a 6.45-inch 120Hz panel that has a peak brightness of 1,000 nits. While the inside screen is almost square when opened, with an aspect ratio of 10:9, and has a refresh rate of 90Hz.
And In terms of durability, this smartphone is designed with curved nanocrystal glass for the outer appearance. This will help the device achieve 5x better anti-drop performance. During the launch event, HONOR executives dropped the smartphone several times to prove its toughness.
HONOR Magic V Design
As for the design, the hinge is claimed to be made of military-grade material. When folded, there are almost no gaps between the frames, which makes the HONOR Magic V the thinnest folding smartphone currently available. The thickness when folded is 14.3 mm, and when it is opened, it is 6.7 mm. With these hinge specifications, the smartphone is considered to last for 10 years of use, if it is folded and opened 50 times a day.
For its performance, HONOR Magic V is equipped with a 4nm processor from Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 5G. Its AI performance is claimed to increase by 300%, which helps Magic UI adapt to usage scenarios through the Magic Live AI Engine. Meanwhile, this phone will run with Magic UI 6.
The Magic V smartphone is backed by a 4,750 mAh battery packed in a dual battery layout to balance charging and heat dissipation. With the addition of a 66W SuperCharge charger, this smartphone can charge up to 50% in just 15 minutes. And not only that, but consumers will also get a 66W car charger in the box. The phone also features dual speakers certified by IMAX ENHANCED for an immersive video and audio experience.
For cameras, the HONOR Magic V carries a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50MP main camera (f/1.9 aperture), a spectrally enhanced 50MP (f/2.0), and a 50MP ultrawide camera (f/2.2 aperture).
A “spectrally enhanced” lens helps to capture detailed images even in foggy conditions. For selfies, users will get a 42MP dual camera, one on the outside and one on the inside.
And HONOR’s latest foldable smartphone is available in 12GB+256GB and 12GB+512GB variants and retails at a starting price of $1,538.76
HONOR Magic V Specifications
- Brand: Honor
- Model: Magic V
- Width: 160.4 mm
- Height: 72.7 mm
- Depth: 14.3 mm
- Weight: 288 g / 293 g
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Pearl White
- Screen size: 7.9 inches
- Type: Foldable OLED
- Resolution: 1984 x 2272 pixels
- (~381 ppi density)
- Front Camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), PDAF, Laser AF, 50 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (wide), PDAF, 50 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 122˚, (ultrawide),Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama,
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: 42 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen1 (4 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Internal storage: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Card slot: No
- Battery capacity: Li-Po 4750 mAh, non-removable
- Fast charging: Fast charging 66W, 50% in 15 min (advertised), Reverse charging 5W
- OS: Android 12, Magic UI 6,
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
HONOR Magic V Connectivity
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: NO
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2)
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Wifi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6,)
- Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- SIM Card: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM /CDMA/HSPA/EVDO/LTE/5G
Thank you for visiting the pcgadtrend site. I hope you get the information you are looking for. We will always try to provide all the latest information about technology and gadgets. If there are criticisms, suggestions and, please contact us via email at email@example.com