Sony has recently launched their latest product, the Sony Xperia Pro-I. The Sony Xperia Pro-I is claimed to be the first smartphone in the world to feature a 1-inch sensor equipped with a phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) system. The Xperia is positioned not only as a phone but as a member of the Alpha series camera family.
Sony Xperia Pro-I Design
In terms of design, the Sony Xperia Pro-I has IP65/68 certification for dust and water resistance. The screen of this device carries OLED technology measuring 6.5 inches. And the Pro-I uses a 1.0-type Exmor RS sensor with a pixel size of 1.4 micrometres which Sony says will deliver amazing low-light performance. It also supports 12-bit RAW shooting and a dual aperture iris system (f/2.0 and f/4.0) that allows users to physically adjust the depth of field instead of relying on software.
As for the camera, the Sony Xperia Pro-I combines Sony’s 1-inch sensor found in the high-end RX100 series of cameras with the advanced processing, and AF found in that lineup, along with a Zeiss Tessar 24mm lens. All these features are embedded into the phone, which is only 8.9 mm thick.
The main camera has a resolution of 12 MP. There is also a 2x OIS optical zoom telephoto camera with 12 MP resolution and an ultra-wide camera with 12 MP resolution. The depth sensor camera owned by Xperia Pro-I is 0.3 MP which is useful for TOF 3D. While the front camera carries an 8 MP resolution sensor.
Xperia Pro-I includes a dedicated shutter button that features a shutter switch module like the Sony RX100 series cameras. Users can also long-press the shutter button to quickly launch Photography Pro and start shooting immediately, even when the screen is off.
And the Sony Xperia Pro-I was developed with the same imaging technology as in the Alpha line. Hence, there are claims that this device is a camera as well as a phone. While there are other phones available that take advantage of the 1-inch sensor, Sony is the first to bring that size to a phone with full PDAF.
Sony Xperia Pro-I Perfomance, Price
And for performance, the Sony Xperia Pro-I is powered by a Snapdragon 888 processor. There is also support for 240 Hz touch sampling and a cooling system for playing games. Its RAM capacity is 12 GB with 512 GB of storage, not to mention SDXC external storage of up to 1 TB.
Xperia is also equipped with a battery capacity of 4,500 mAh, which can be quickly charged up to 50% in 30 minutes. There is a 30W charger in the sales package. And for the price of this Sony Xperia Pro-I, it sells for $ 1,800.
Sony Xperia Pro-I Specifications
- Brand: Sony
- Model: Xperia Pro-I
- Width: 166 mm
- Height: 72 mm
- Depth: 8.9 mm
- Weight: 221 g
- Colour: Frosted Black
- Screen size: 6.5 inches
- Type: OLED,
- 1B colours, 120Hz, HDR BT.2020
- Resolution: 1644 x 3840 pixels,
- 21:9 ratio (~643 ppi density)
- Front Camera: 12 MP (telephoto), 12 MP, f/2.0-4.0, 24mm (wide), 1.0-type, 2.4µm, PDAF, OIS (315 PDAF points, 90% frame coverage),0.3 MP, TOF 3D, (depth), 12 MP, f/2.2, 124˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Features: HDR, LED flash, panorama, 12-bit RAW, HDR
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 5-axis gyro-EIS
- Features: HDR
- CPU: Octa-core ( 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680, 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680, 1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Internal storage: 512GB 12GB RAM, UFS 3.X
- Battery capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Flash Charger: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery
- OS: Android 11
- Sensors: gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum, Native Sony Alpha camera supportFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer,
Sony Xperia Pro-I Connectivity
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2; USB On-The-Go, DisplayPort
- GPS: Yes,
- Radio: No
- NFC: Yes
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6,
- Wi-Fi Direct,
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes,
- 24-bit/192kHz audio,
- Dynamic vibration system
- SIM Card: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM / HSPA / LTE/5G
Thank you for visiting the pcgadtrend site. I hope you get the information you are looking for. We will always try to provide all the latest information about technology and gadgets. If there are criticisms, suggestions and please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org